Tuesday, November 19, 2013

English Week Four Essay

A Story of Note

If I had to pick a single story from Lerher's book A Bus of My Own that grabbed me I would have to pick the story near the beginning of the book where he and a bus driver from his dad's bus company were driving their passengers tot he next stop and the bus had no brakes.
This story stood out to me because I can relate to it; I have been in a vehicle that has no brakes before, on more than one occasion. This story had me tensing and wincing as I recalled my own experiences of fearing a crash at any given moment.
It also struck me during this story exactly how miraculous it was that the bus did not crash on the busy intersection when the driver was unable to stop the bus at the red light on time and the bus went straight into the thick of the cars. Surely, the chances of all of the cars stopping on time and letting the bus through were very slim.
There are, of course, many stories in his book that are worthy of mention, but this one was the one that stood out to me the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment