Wednesday, November 27, 2013

English week five essay

Momentous occasions

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that I haven't had any turning points in my life, I can't exactly say that I have very many. The simple fact is that I haven't had a very 'interesting' life, but perhaps I could name a few.
For one, the decision I made a few years ago to not wear T-shirts or shorts and exclusively wear polo shirts and long pants was fairly big for me. It wasn't 'life changing', but it certainly was a change. But it wasn't very big, and probably not very interesting.
This change, however, is fairly large; we moved from our apartment in New York to a house in Ohio. Now, it was not as big as moves from one state to another often are, as we did not live in New York for very long compared to how long we have been living here in Ohio and we were homeschooled so we did not have any 'friends', but it was quite momentous for me.
The biggest turning point by far, though, was the death of my brother. It was a very big change as I'm sure the loss of a loved one always is. I don't think I can go into specifics.
As I said, I haven't had very many turning points, but these few were big changes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment